Mr Z stunned everyone by revealing that upon Steve Job's recommendation he visited a temple in India to get clarity before FaceBook became what it is today!
And then came the picture of him looking at TajMahal - posted by Mr Z in his FB page!
I was stunned at reading the news and seeing the Photo at WSJ! My immediate reactions aside ...I was impressed with the photo for several reasons...before I rattle off those take a look at the photo (Courtesy Wall Street Journal) just see what comes to your mind.....
- how familiar we have become with Mr Z's profile that we can recognize him even in this pose!
- an appreciation from Mr Z and the camera person : looking at the picture it is clear the intention is to have attention to Taj Mahal and not at anything else.....and with Mr Z looking at it makes this a dynamic picture with the picture posing many questions and imagination as to the intention/purpose etc ....especially being posted on the Most powerful site on earth today!
So immediately spammed it by sending it to a few .....and the answers that I got amazed me .....as what everyone saw was not the same......making me wonder if the mode of communication that we are headed to leaves a lot to imagination and creates a new dynamics in the communication industry!
some of the responses are:
- yes saw this as it was plastered on all news outlets as his visit is the HOT topic
- of course India is the largest market for FB and Mr Z realizes what touches his customers more
- Posting it on FB makes more people visiting FB
- with next door China still evasive for Mr Z.....this is one way to make China blink
- its so cool that Mr Z wanted people to see Taj Mahal and not him...
and I was floored how different the reaction could be for an ordinary photo with extra-ordinary subjects and an emerging medium!